Become a part of our mission to create a world where no shelter animal goes unseen!
GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERN
Job Title: Graphic Design Intern
Department: Marketing and Communications
Reports To: Director of Communications (She’s cool, you’ll like her. She’s also writing this job description and casually referring to herself in the third person, so maybe she’s a bit odd, too..)
Type: Unpaid, but basically a fountain of warm fuzzies, karma points, and rad vibes.
Commitment: Flexible as a pool noodle — and just as summer-appropriate! 7-12 hours a week over the summer would be ideal, but we won’t complain about getting more of your valuable time!
- Designing super cool, feel-good stuff that inspires one (or more) of these reactions: awe, laughter, a warmed heart, happy tears, inspiration, action, and motivation, to name a few
- Aforementioned super cool things may include (but are not limited to, because the world is our oyster!): flyers, social graphics, infographics, multi-page PDF documents, illustrations, image overlays and embellishments, postcards, and website design components
- Efficient turnaround of finished pieces, typically within a 2-4 days
- Reliable communication with the Director of Communications and other HeARTs Speak team members involved in projects
- Maintaining and celebrating the HeARTs Speak brand, mission, and reputation
- Humoring our infatuation with illustrated small animals, donuts, and cats that resemble celebrities
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Working knowledge of typography, image sizing and cropping, composition, and digital illustration. Video editing experience is a major plus!
- An appreciation and affinity for modern, playful design aesthetics
- Experience and/or interest in design for the social space
- Ability to work from home or using your own equipment and software
- Ability to communicate clearly through the written word, using proper grammar and spelling
- Brimming with creativity and the drive to experiment, ideate, and imagine!
HeARTs Speak is a nationally-recognized 501c3 nonprofit organization uniting art and advocacy to increase the visibility of shelter animals. First impressions are our specialty and we’re dedicated to inspiring change for shelter pets across the globe through a variety of programs that leverage creativity and collaboration!
As our graphic design intern, you’ll be a central part of our ability to provide quality educational and inspirational resources to our partner animal shelters and artist members across the world, empowering them to more effectively promote and support shelter animals. Your work will contribute significantly to our mission to create a world where no shelter animal goes unseen!
Alrighty then! Let’s do it.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and samples of your work* to Hannah, our Director of Communications (who is still finding writing in the third person really strange), at email@example.com.
*And even if you don’t have all of those things, but DO have a whole lot of interest in helping our mission, still reach out. She’s very much looking forward to meeting you!
IMAGES WITH HEART STOCK PHOTOGRAPHY LIBRARY TECHNICAL REVIEW VOLUNTEER
Job Title: Stock Image Library Technical Review Volunteer
Department: Images with HeART
Reports To: Executive Director & Director of Operations
Commitment: This is an unpaid, volunteer position requiring 3-6 hours of your time each week. Volunteers choose their own hours, we simply ask that you fulfill our minimum hourly requirements each week.
Responsibilities: Your primary responsibility is to review files to ensure they meet Images With HeART’s image quality and technical requirements for acceptance into the library. This includes but is not limited to:
- Proper file size
- Proper file type
- Proper exposure
- Proper color balance
- Accurate focus
- No noise
- If studio, backdrops are clean and free of debris (fur)
- Free of logos or name tags
- Proficient in photo editing software such as Photoshop or Lightroom
- Able to work from home from own computer/own software
- Working knowledge of photo cropping/sizing
- A responsible self-starter, able to work well independently
About Images With HeART
Images with HeART is a program of HeARTs Speak, a nationally-recognized 501c3 nonprofit organization uniting art and advocacy to increase the visibility of shelter animals. First impressions are our specialty and we’re dedicated to inspiring change for shelter pets across the globe through a variety of programs that leverage creativity and collaboration!
Images With HeART is a multi-faceted stock imagery project that merges the promotion of pet adoption with a sustainable and ethical platform for artists to license their work. Many of the pets found in our galleries were once awaiting adoption in shelters across the world, and every license simultaneously helps to promote animal adoption while supporting the lifesaving work of a shelter pet photographer.
The Images with HeART, Technical Review volunteer should be excited about the mission of HeARTs Speak and the role Images with HeART plays in the organization. As an Images with HeART technical review volunteer, you’ll play an integral role in building this one of a kind stock image project.
Ready to apply? Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org