GRANT WRITING INTERN
Job Title: HeARTs Speak Grant Writing Intern (remote or local to Hudson Valley, NY)
Department: Operations + Program Administration
Reports To: Director of Operations, Caitlin Quinn (digitally)
Type: Unpaid, but happy to support with college credit, volunteer hours, and basically a fountain of warm fuzzies, karma points, and good vibes.
Commitment: Flexible but hoping for somewhere between 10 and 15 hours weekly in the new year (yay 2018!)
- Grant research, Letter of Inquiry drafting, data compilation, follow-up research and other grant-related work with the Director of Operations and at times, Executive Director.
- Willingness to work collaboratively as part of a team and an understanding that feedback and draft-writing will be part of the grant writing process
- Ability to adhere to critical deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and interpersonal/phone skills
- Efficient turnaround of projects and tasks
- Reliable and consistent communication with the Director of Operations and other HeARTs Speak team members involved in projects.
- Maintaining and celebrating the HeARTs Speak brand, mission, and reputation.
- Proficient in basic email communication and comfort with online presence/communications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work from home or using your own equipment and software.
- Ability to communicate clearly through the written word, using proper grammar and spelling.
- An understanding of basic grant writing and the process of grant seeking
- Brimming with creativity and the drive to experiment, ideate, and imagine!
HeARTs Speak is a nationally-recognized 501c3 nonprofit organization uniting art and advocacy to increase the visibility of shelter animals. First impressions are our specialty and we’re dedicated to inspiring change for shelter pets across the globe through a variety of programs that leverage creativity and collaboration!
Alrighty then! Let’s work together!
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to Caitlin, our Director of Operations at email@example.com
*And even if you don’t have all of those things, but DO have a whole lot of interest in helping our mission, still reach out. She’s very much looking forward to meeting you!
IMAGES WITH HEART STOCK PHOTOGRAPHY LIBRARY TECHNICAL REVIEW VOLUNTEER
Job Title: Stock Image Library Technical Review Volunteer
Department: Images with HeART
Reports To: Executive Director & Director of Operations
Commitment: This is an unpaid, volunteer position requiring 3-6 hours of your time each week. Volunteers choose their own hours, we simply ask that you fulfill our minimum hourly requirements each week.
Responsibilities: Your primary responsibility is to review files to ensure they meet Images With HeART’s image quality and technical requirements for acceptance into the library. This includes but is not limited to:
- Proper file size
- Proper file type
- Proper exposure
- Proper color balance
- Accurate focus
- No noise
- If studio, backdrops are clean and free of debris (fur)
- Free of logos or name tags
- Proficient in photo editing software such as Photoshop or Lightroom
- Able to work from home from own computer/own software
- Working knowledge of photo cropping/sizing
- A responsible self-starter, able to work well independently
About Images With HeART
Images with HeART is a program of HeARTs Speak, a nationally-recognized 501c3 nonprofit organization uniting art and advocacy to increase the visibility of shelter animals. First impressions are our specialty and we’re dedicated to inspiring change for shelter pets across the globe through a variety of programs that leverage creativity and collaboration!
Images With HeART is a multi-faceted stock imagery project that merges the promotion of pet adoption with a sustainable and ethical platform for artists to license their work. Many of the pets found in our galleries were once awaiting adoption in shelters across the world, and every license simultaneously helps to promote animal adoption while supporting the lifesaving work of a shelter pet photographer.
The Images with HeART, Technical Review volunteer should be excited about the mission of HeARTs Speak and the role Images with HeART plays in the organization. As an Images with HeART technical review volunteer, you’ll play an integral role in building this one of a kind stock image project.
Ready to apply? Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org